Monday, November 11, 2013

Military Ball 2013

Today is Veteran's Day.  Raised by an Army man, I feel strongly about the sacrifices our armed forces make to protect and serve our country.  It's no secret that I am dating a military man now--shoot that was his nickname on this blog for almost two years!  I'm honored to see the commitment he has to our military and the work he does. 

Rob is a part of the Oklahoma National Guard.  He has served as the Battery Commander of his unit for close to two years and is a Chief Warrant Officer 3 as well.  Military is in his blood.  It is a part of who he is.  For the third time, I had the privilege of attending the All Saints Ball with him this past weekend.  It was hands down my favorite year for the ball.  We had an incredible night.  We laughed with friends, danced liked fools, drank a little more than needed, and just plain had fun. 

 My girlfriend Grace met me at the hotel in Oklahoma (she lives about 30 minutes away now) to do my hair and make-up.  I abandoned the glasses and chose looking glamorous over having better sight
 

My girlfriend Meli loaned me this GORGEOUS dress.  It fit like a glove and I have never felt better in a piece of clothing
 

 
Chief Dowen, my handsome man in uniform
 

As we were heading out the door ready for the ball
 




 

Soldiers have requirements for their dress blues.  Violations to the requirements are $2 fines for their annual fundraiser.  Every prepared soldier is supposed to have his pen.  Apparently, they aren't easy to take out of the inside coat pocket.
 


 
So lucky to be by his side.  Crazy proud of him
 


Dog tags and his Order of Saint Barbara medal
 

 
Changed into our "civies" for the after party for dancing.  Probably a good thing because he kept stepping on the back of my dress!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

You look so pretty!

One crazed mommy said...

Beatiful lady, handsome man, and gorgeous couple! Love the pics, and the dress is truly magnificent! Glad you had fun! :)

Jeanne Caputo said...

Wow!! You looked stunning!! So glad you have found happiness that shines through your eyes!

TPPmommyof3 said...

Hot mama!!!! You both look stunning!!!! I'm actually sitting here bouncing in my chair... I am so happy to see you happy!!!!!

Laurie said...

Maggie looks just like her mom!

Love Mommas said...

Love these pictures!! So glad you two had a great time. Lots of love,

timi68 said...

wow! The picture of the two of you all dressed up just made me smile a HUGE smile!! you look so happy Jenny and I'm soooo happy for you!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Christian Simple said...

Your so pretty wet have a good heart, keep it up! The tfi the family international just dropping by but you can visit us to understand more about us.

God Bless!