Some recent things about Maggie:
- Her imagination is in full force. We play House just about every night these days. She's typically the Mama and Andrew and I are the babies. Sometimes, I'm assigned to be Izzy, Andrew is Baby Elliot and Maggie is of course Aunt Amie. Max is a white stuffed polar bear. She makes us sleep in the crib (her toddler bed) and reads us stories. Of course, this gets a bit tricky when we try to slip into parent mode and tell her what she needs to do (like pick out jammies for bed, go to the potty, etc) and she tells us, "Babies don't talk!"
- She is naming just about everything these days. She's real into her puppies. We have Odie & Missy (name of my mom's dogs), Lola & Babalu (Andrew's dad and stepmom's dogs), Cassie, Pinkie, Frenchie. Her favorite teddy bears are Strawberry and Chocolate Brownie. If she doesn't have a name or doesn't know the name of someone, she assigns names like Liki, Kiki, Coco, Leecy. Odie's official name is Odie KikiLeechy. Cracks me up.
- I can only get her to eat two vegetables--edamame and broccoli. She is a picky eater and we're trying to continue to encourage her to try more things. Unsuccessfully so far, but still trying.
- She's is still a Daddy's Girl through and through. She's sweeter to me when he isn't around, but still prefers him hands down over me when we're both around. Andrew is real good about speaking to her sternly if she says something like, "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to DADDY." He doesn't tolerate it and makes her apologize. It helps
- Relationships really interest her. She loves to understand who is related. If I say GaGa, she immediately asks, "Your mama?" Told her we were going to Aunt Bobby's house (Deb's) and she says, "Your best friend?"
Speaking of Mama, she is whining and saying, "I want to be on you! Get off the computer!" Gotta go. I leave you with some recent pictures.