1. I love public speaking. Love me a microphone. While many people (such as my husband) would do anything to have to make a speech, I get excited at the thought. I love to stand in front of a crowd and deliver a message. My favorite topic? Why Heroes for Children of course!
2. I don't cook. Not just don't cook very often. I'm talking like "Idon'tboilapotofwater" DON'T cook. I've tried to learn a few times. But trust me--you don't want to eat something I have prepared for you. I might invite you over for a meal in my home, but it is either going to be something take out that I've purchased or prepared by my sweet husband.
Sidenote--I just told Andrew that I am doing this list. Here's our conversation:
Me: I have to write 7 interesting things about me.
Him: Hmm, how many do you have?
Him: Is one of them the fact that your husband is a complete bad ass? Because that should be number one.
Me: (Laughing and choosing not to respond)
3. I'm not the best driver or parker for that matter. My front right fender can attest to that. I hit the garage either on my way in or way out. Andrew likes to look at it and shake his head. Recently, I hit a parked car! OK, it was a big red truck at our office with the tiniest parking spaces (seriously--double lines--not conducive to large vehicles). I put a pretty good scrape on the side of his truck bed. Luckily, he decided that it was a truck and not worth pursuing having fixed.
4. I've had a baby doll since I was first born named Honey. Honey is a Fisher Price doll straight out of the 70's. She's yellow with white flowers on her body. Let me rephrase--she USED to be yellow with white flowers. Now she is pretty brown with yellow on the creases. Her arms have each been sewn multiple times. Her fingers were chewed off by a Chihuahua when we were living for six months at my mom's best friends house (long story--we moved to Texas from CA and that was six very miserable months of my life in the seventh grade). She slept on my bed until I was married. Maggie knows she is my doll. Every night, she will bring me Honey to hold while she holds her dolls--lovingly named Baby Ella, Baby Beck, and Baby Nash. Andrew hates the Honey doll and swears that if he could get rid of it he would. I remind him that if he ever did that, we would have some serious issues. Love my Honey doll.
5. You know how there are some people that LOVE adventure? Those people that must do something like skydive, bungee jump, parasail, etc sometime in their lifetime. I am NOT one of those people. I like my feet firmly planted on the ground, thank you very much.
6. I don't like spicy food. My mother doesn't like spicy food. Nor does my grandmother for that matter. My first enchilada was when I was pregnant. And I've lived in Texas since I was 13! I like my food nice and mild.
7. When I was in middle school, I developed an obsession with clown masks. I think at one point I had like thirty or forty of them hanging in my bedroom. I had them until I was in high school and Andrew told me they were really creepy. Don't have any now. Not really sure where that love of clown masks came from or why I had such a collection going for so long. Just happy to have moved past that phase in my life.
So, that's it. Now for the tagging, right? Well, given that two of my friends just tagged most of the bloggers I know, hmmm....
Candice--my friend that is new to the blogging world and mom to one of Maggie's favorite friends.
Kelly--blogging friend whose daughter Jenna reminds me a lot of Maggie in their fun, spunky personalities and love of the Wiggles!
Megan--to get things going on Peanut Press!
Brandon--because really, who doesn't love Brandon's blog and reading anything he writes? Plus, I kind of think he's pretty darn great too!
Nanny--Sweet blogging friend whose blog I enjoy visiting when I can!
Amy--yeah, yeah, I know she's been tagged already by someone else, but I want to see her blog. Anything the gal writes is pure genius. I want a new blog entry! Carter's art is great and all, but I need a little Amy wit. I'm missing it. Guess we need to get together soon!
Melissa--She writes so much about those two energetic awesome boys. But I want something up about HER!