- Crazy Katie turned 18 months this week! We call her the Wild Child now. She is truly INSANE. Sissy never stops moving and is a complete whirlwind around this house. She makes me and Maggie laugh hysterically with her antics. She's fearless and destructive. Life with Sissy is never boring!
- Maggie starts kindergarten next month. I can't believe my BABY is almost a kindergartner. Of course, because it is also my first day of school, I most likely will not be able to take her. Andrew will come to the house early to drive her to school. Katie will be going to a private preschool (where Maggie went until the end of May) that day as well. August 22nd will be a big day for all three of us!
- Speaking of going back to work, holy cow, I go back two weeks from tomorrow. Our summer has flown by and I'm almost a teacher again. I have a lot to do before then and really need to get cracking.
- Two days before that, I'll be divorced. I go to the courthouse on August 8th to finalize the divorce in front of the judge. Tracey has it marked on her calendar to take me, knowing full well I need someone by my side. The worst part about it is the "prove up statement" that has to be read. If you use a lawyer, he/she does it. If you don't, you have to read it to the judge. States when you married your spouse, when you ceased to live as a married couple, children's names, and says that the marriage is no longer supportable and you request the divorce. I highly doubt I will make it through that without sobbing.
- I miss camp and my camp friends. I am flying down for a meeting on Aug 6th to San Antonio and then hosting a pool party at my house later in the month with the Dallas/Ft. Worth folks (most of us them live in San Antonio and a few in Austin). I miss the great people that are involved with camp and the kids.
- I have the next two weekends off from my kids (5th weekends are split. He has them this one, I have them the next time there is a 5th weekend in October and then he always has them the 1st weekends of the month). I both love and hate these weekends. The breaks are nice and I keep myself busy and try to have some fun things planned. However, I miss them when they aren't here. It's hard to sleep in the house without them. This weekend is a bachelorette party for Deanna and a musical with my mom. Not sure about the day time activities (though I might just be recovering on Sat from the bachelorette party!). I'm very lucky to have great people in my life I can make plans with, like having dinner and a movie with Tracey tonight. They are my lifeline and I'm blessed.
If you're watching My Little Ponies, you of course need to have them with you!
This picture CRACKS ME UP. Sissy didn't want to be in the stroller (she needs to GO!) and Maggie isn't going to break her pose and smile
Wild Child in action
Fourth of July fun at Traceys--Amy, Tracey, me, and Deanna. Love them so much
Seriously wouldn't be surviving everything without Tracey
Me and Deanna on T's birthday before we went in to see a psychic! I need to remember to blog about that!
Sissy helped me unpack from camp
Maggie and I had a special Mama/Daughter Date just the two of us. She declared it the "best night of my life!"
She chose Wing Stop for our dinner on our date. Love this girl so much it hurts
Silly Sissy during Maggie's swim lessons. She was a trooper getting carted to daily swim lessons for four weeks
Maggie being silly and dressing up
Sweet Brandy chilling out on the couch.