Last week, my DIVA turned six. How is this possible? How has it already been six years with this child and WHO WILL MAKE TIME SLOW DOWN SO SHE STAYS YOUNG?!?! My sweet and beautiful Maggie is now six. I think it will just be a blink of an eye before I find myself saying sixTEEN instead of six. This does not please me.
Here are six things about my diva six year old--
1) She's a fashion girl through and through. Maggie loves all things about fashion and wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up. She loves nothing more than to go shopping. Doesn't even have to make a purchase. She literally hugs clothing in stores when she sees something she really likes. She loves dressing Sissy and picking out her clothes. She dresses up her stuffed animals and dolls. I walk in her room some mornings to find Minnie Mouse dressed in a hot pink sparkly top and a baby doll dressed in Maggie's pajamas. Cracks me up.
2) Crafts are our fun thing together. For her birthday, she wanted lots of craft projects. From coloring her own umbrella to making lip balm, we have plenty of projects to do. We love sitting together and doing crafts after Sissy goes to bed. She begs for craft night.
3) Soccer. NOT.HER.THING. We tried it. Our last torturous game is this Saturday morning. We're the parents on the sideline yelling "Maggie, run! No, follow the ball! Get in the game!" She says she likes to play, but we really think it's about cheering her friends and playing with everyone on the sidelines. Going to games is just a beating.
4) This is her first year in Daisy Scouts. That's more the pace of my delicate flower. She loves it. This weekend, they are planting their garden that they will watch grow this year. She is always asking if it's Daisy Scout meeting day.
5) We just got into American Girl Dolls. Someone gave Andrew a new Kit doll that he gave to her. Our first trip to the American Girl Store/Bistro was for her birthday on Sunday just Maggie, me, and the three grandmas (A's mom, mine, and my grandma). We bought Kit a new outfit and the movie and Nana bought Kit's bed set. Maggie picked out what she is asking Santa for (Kit's best friend Ruthie and two outfits). She is so happy with this new interest for her. We loved our lunch at the store. She declared it the best day of her life with that and the birthday party a few hours later.
6) Maggie is a terrific big sister who loves her Sissy so much. I asked her the other day who the funniest person she knows is. She giggled and laughing said "Sissy!!" No matter what mood Maggie is in, Katie makes her laugh. She loves her and never fails to kiss, hug, and play with her Sis. She gets excited for her time away from her to have one on one time with just me or just A for her date nights (we plan one a month with each parent/each child) but she is so excited when reunited with Sissy again. Her love for her makes my heart burst.
Looking forward to what this year with Maggie will bring us. No doubt there will be drama, sparkles, lots of pink, plenty of snuggles, and so much love. Happy birthday to my sweet diva.