Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Big Milestone

Today, weeks after I confessed my weight on the internet, I stepped on the scale to see a good number. I gained two pounds the next week. I stayed stagnant for a week or two, hovering around 158 or 159. I attended four catered events in a matter of 8 days. Ugh. So, the past week, I've refocused. I've gone back to the basics of South Beach, doing a modified version of Phase I (didn't cut out sweet potatoes or fruit, but did cut all other carbs).

As of this morning, I weigh 155. YEAH!! I haven't seen this weight since BEFORE I got pregnant with Allie. So, um, like 2003? Yeah, it's been a while. I'm so excited! My size 12 clothes are too loose. I haven't bought size 10 clothes yet with the exception of a few new fabulous dresses for our Heroes and Handbags events (hello size medium at Banana Republic, I love you!)

This is a big milestone for me. It's 30 lbs lost since I started. My BMI is now 25.8 (under 25 is no longer overweight--I started at 30.8). I'm so close!

The biggest challenge for me right now is exercise. I worked three consecutive 70 hour work weeks. Between that and focusing on being with Andrew and Maggie, I'm so physically exhausted! I haven't been good at my training. I can walk more than 10 miles without an issue, but its been a few weeks since I've done it. The half marathon is April 5th, so I have to get my rearend in gear to get this done. I can't lollygag and procrastinate on the exercising any more.

So, my commitment this week to is refocus my energy on the exercise. I've refocused on the food and I'm on track. Now, I need to get the exercise in line. That way, as I lose weight, I can feel good about how my body is looking too!

With that said, I'm going to watch American Idol on my DVR while sweating it out on the treadmill. Gotta go!

13 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

You are one step ahead of me by watching what you eat..I need to get better at that! It's so hard to fit in exercise with all the other things we all have going on in life, isn't it?

Debbie said...

I am so proud of you!!!! You rock girl friend!!!

Sue said...

Way to go! I'm definately trying SB after I'm done nursing my little one in April! You've been so successful at it, you've motivated me to try it! Congrats!

Robin said...

Congratulations!

♥Kelly♥ said...

Whoo hooo!! You go girl!! You'll have to post some pics of you in those fabulous dresses. :)

HollyH said...

wow, Jenny...You accomplish EVERYTHING you put your mind to! Congratulations!!!! Me? please send some willpower my way.....

Amie said...

Keep it going! Hopefully all that Micheal Jackson on Idol last night kept you movin'!

Heather said...

GOOOO YOU! That is sooo awesome! I have been on a weight loss journey since before becoming pregnant (surprise) with my youngest (born 12/27/06) and have to date lost 87 lbs. I have about 63 to go to meet my ultimate goal (what I am "supposed" to weigh according to BMI charts etc.) It has bee a long journey and not over yet (I am supposed to meet my goal by Christmas of this year!!). However, I know there are not too many people that can say in 2.5 years they have not only been pregnant and had a baby, BUT also lost 87 lbs (on their own without weight loss surgery etc.)! Keep it up, I am sure you will inspire a lot of people!

Jenny said...

Heather--WOW!! That is incredible. What a big inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing!

Frances said...

I am so proud of you. I know you will continue with these good habits because you look and feel so good. You can definitely do the walk in April. Keep it up, get on the treadmill when you can, walk stairs when possible. Also, remember you will look fabulous on the cruise!!!!

Heather said...

Thanks Jenny! My Highest weight was 308 a year after I had my 2nd son...my weight today is 212.8! My goal is 150

Adrianne said...

That is awesome! You should feel so proud of yourself!! I have been in your shoes!! And now you need to take a picture of yourself in your pretty dress and change your profile pic in your new bod!!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

That is great, you should be really proud of yourself.

One AI note. Adam, no contest!