Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bring it, 2013

2011 was NOT my year.  It was the year that my heart broke.  I fell to pieces.  I made some very bad decisions financially, emotionally, psychically.  I lost myself.  I changed careers.  I struggled.  Frankly, I wouldn't mind forgetting that year entirely. 

2012 was better.  It still had lots of overwhelming stress.  Selling the house made this summer one of the most exhausting and overwhelming experiences.  I'd rather not do that again for a while.  Chairing a 5K when I was in the middle of it all-not my brightest idea.  Boyfriend had some rough times that caused emotional strain on us and our relationship.  I loved and supported him as best as I could through it, and we've come through.  There was plenty of good in the year too.  I found a smoother transition as a teacher in my second year back to teaching.  Started to get my stride this year.  Our new home has given us so much and we're very happy here.  I still had my struggles emotionally from the divorce from time to time, but I found those becoming more spaced out this past year.  I learned to love and be loved deeper than I ever have before.

The year ended with one of the best two weeks I could imagined for us.  Something that was a long time in the making finally happened and Boyfriend and I couldn't have been happier for how it all went.  Our Christmas was perfect and my girls were so happy.  Moving to this new home and changing my finances meant I was able to provide them a really good Christmas on my own.  I cried when I finished wrapping the gifts and getting them all set under the tree because I knew that *I* did that for them.  New Year's was quiet and low key with another couple. So, last night as 2012 was coming to a close, I wasn't sad to see it go.  However, I think I'll look back on it and know it was a pretty good year.  All in all, I have no complaints.

And now for 2013--what I truly want this year is stability.   I'd love to have a year where no major life event occurs.  No move, heartbreak (please, no heartbreak), change in career, or loss of those I love.  I'd like that "happy hum" of life this year.  I do have a few goals, or resolutions I guess you can call them.  Nothing major or life altering.  Maybe I'll share my list in a different post. 

I've survived both 2011 and 2012 and look to 2013 with hope and optimism.  All I want for this year is love, happiness and stability in my life.  I wish that for you and your family as well.

Happy New Year. 


6 comments:

Elena said...

Jenny, I'm so very happy for you and how far you've come! You seem to be hitting your stride and I'm sure that this year will have many awesome things in store for you. Every time I see you in the Carter Blood Care commercials, the last several years flash quickly through my head, and you inspire me to do and be better. Thank you for that, and for sharing your thoughts with all of us. I know it helps me in so many ways! Best to you in 2013!

Robin said...

Wishing you all the best for 2013!

One crazed mommy said...

Wishing nothing but the best for you in 2013 - Happy New Year! :)

Jeanne Caputo said...

Wishing you continued love, peace, and happiness in the New Year and always. You certainly deserve it!

snekcip said...

Continued happiness in 2013!! You are already off to a good start!!

Deffie01 said...

Jenny, I've been a long time followerer of your blog back from BBC. I hope 2013 brings you nothing but happiness. This may sound weird, but I've thought of you often lately because I've been blindsided by my husband wanting a divorce. Your story has offered me encouragement that happiness does exist on the other side. Doesn't feel like it right now. I would love to touch base with you somehow - my email address is jballauer16@hotmail.com.

The best to you and your beautiful girls.

Jennifer B