Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mommies on a Playdate


When is the last time I let myself be silly? Not just a little fun, but silly. The kind of silly that makes your sides ache from all the laughing. The kind where you can barely look at the camera properly because you're laughing so uncontrollably. It's been a while. A long while. I'm serious. I tend to be a more serious person. I did college in three years without attending a single college party (not one, seriously, how sad!) because I wanted to grow up and get married. I'm focused.

Last weekend, I was given the wonderful opportunity to be silly. How could I not laugh uncontrollably when standing in front of a Fisher Price shopping cart next to my friend on a Sit 'N Spin? Good ole fashion fun, I tell you.

Girl's Weekend!! Four moms, no kiddos (well, Tracey's at a very minimal amount with nothing but cuteness for the time we spent with them), a movie, Whole Foods, and dinner at the Hula Hut. How much more perfect could this weekend have been for us? Not much, really. Who cares about a two hour wait for dinner when we have no children, margaritas, and a table overlooking Lake Austin to enjoy? Quickest two hours in my life! We laughed while telling stories ranging from strange traditions, siblings, tornados, and children. We discussed a wide range of topics including adequate food, home etiquette of destructive dog owners, and much much more.

I wish I could fully describe to you the respect and friendship I have formed with Amy, Jen, and Tracey. We were missing a few, but we know the next outing will include them if possible. I feel so blessed to have the friendships I do in my life. Would I survive a week without Deb? Surely not! I'm a lucky woman to have such friends.

Ladies--thank you for bringing out my inner silliness. Thank you for the wonderful weekend and the incredible laughs. I'm lucky to have you. Now, if only I could get my seriousness back to make it through this work week!!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Woooo Hoooo I'm your first comment!! Love the page!! And it is awesome to have amazing friends!! Love you!!

Cheryl said...

WOW....I'm the second :-) You are truely an amazing person. I can't tell you how much it is a priviledge it is to be your friend. You help make the world go around so smoothly. If only everyone could be lucky enough to have you for a friend...they just don't know what they are missing!!!

By the way, you were extremely fast at getting this all together!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've had my blog for 2 years, TWO YEARS, and in one night you effectively kick my ass. I love love love the layout and pics. Beautiful! Maybe Jen will do a banner for Minivan Mom when she is done with my photos (like how I just keep adding to your friend favors Jen? I know you'll read this!)

So excited about your new blog!

Adrianne said...

I am so happy to see you so happy! I can't wait to read about your random mommy ramblings!!

justmommy said...

Love the new blog! I think it is a great idea to start journaling in a new place. No one will ever forget scotthousehold.com. Allie is here too, just as she was there. Sounds like things are going very well! Super happy for you!

:)Erin O.

Mommy Mo said...

Hi Jenny! I'm a FOT (Friend of Tracey) here in Austin. I hope you don't mind me signing your blog : ). I so wanted to meet the Dallas Posse while ya'll were in town, but I had to do the family thing in Houston this past weekend. Just to bring this full circle, I'm also best friends with Christy Mensi (I hope she thinks we're best friends.....we've never really talked about it. Anyway, I digress, lmao). I can't wait to see what you have to say on your blog, and if you have a chance, please go check mine out. Although, it's not nearly as exciting as Tracey's!!!!

Lisa (http://lisatexasmommy.blogspot.com/)

Stacey said...

Hi Jenny..hope you don't mind me commenting. I just wanted to say "Hello" and that I've followed your other site for a really long time. I'm happy to see you starting your own blog for you. That's great!!

Rich Robinson said...

Congratulations on your new blog! I love the layout.

Is it September yet?

Tracy said...

Hi Jenny,
I'm also a Friend of Tracey and Christy's. Not sure if you remember but I did the Christmas Cards for FOA way back when.

I am so glad you have a blog. I love your photos on the side and especially the top.

Glad you were able to act silly. What a blessing it is to have friends to be silly with!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Love your new blog! I'm jelous of your cool header too!!! You have all the good connections hehehe. I'm so glad you had such a great weekend!! you deserve it!!!

Hope to see you soon!
xoxo melissa

Jenny Scott said...

Tracy--OF COURSE I know who you are!! I still have some Xmas cards from that year that I kept. I love them!!

Thanks everyone for the great support! I am really excited to have this site up and running!

Unknown said...

Jenny I am so glad you were able to get out and have a wonderful time with friends. You deserve it!!
Stacie

Melissa said...

I so know what you mean, its hard to get those good friend moments in when you have kids! And just having them makes me feel more like me and not just a mom...not that being a mom is bad, but its just not as fun all the time! LOL!