- Time in the pool! As a child, I grew up in the pool, constantly in my swimsuit with my blonde hair a continuous green tint. After Maggie's first swim lesson today, I can see that she has my love of the water (though I never was anything more than a swim enthusiast---didn't swim competitively or anything because, let's be honest, I'm not that athletic). Ah, I can smell the chlorine now.
- It's light out late! Being the nightowl that I am, I love this!
- June weddings. I'm a romantic, and I love attending weddings. We have Andrew's best friend, Maggie's "Uncle John," getting married on Saturday. Maggie is the flower girl and Andrew's the best man.
- My anniversary--with my love of weddings comes my own anniversary!
- Summer vacations--planning trips for the summer are such fun. We already had one trip--our quick Sea World trip that we loved so much. Still to come are both our lakehouse trip and trip to Jackson Hole with Andrew's family.
- Adorable sundresses for adorable toddlers. Maggie is living in strappy little numbers like this one that I've been putting her in. She loves them and I think she looks gorgeous. Don't have this one yet, but maybe I should make a run to Old Navy.
- The smell of suncreen. Just reminds me of childhood and fun outside.
- Summer Blockbusters--I'm a movie lover. And after spending the last thirteen years of my life alongside Andrew Scott, I've grown to really enjoy a good summer blockbuster. Several to look forward to this summer.
- Pool parties--always fun, always classic. HFC has one for our board members in a week and I'm looking forward to it!
- Camp Discovery--next month is my annual trip to Camp Discovery, a cancer camp for kids 7-16 years old. I'm in prep mode for camp, finalizing my Arts & Crafts order. Ordering a week's worth of art supplies for 150 campers on a $600 budget--bit of a challenge, but I'm up for it!
Summer does have it's pitfalls, such as....
- Holy hell, it's hot in Texas! I'm not one for the harsh heat, getting a bit bitchy when in the sun too long (sorry, Posse families--watch out for the bitchiness at the lakehouse, it'll probably come out!)
- Shorts--have you ever seen how WHITE my legs are?? I think I might have blinded Jen the other day. No, I don't tan. I burn and freckle. And given that I have my mom and grandmother's skin (both prone to skin cancer), I lather in 45-50 spf suncreen.
- Picking out a swimsuit. Ugh.
- Do you know how freaking hard it is to schedule a meeting with multiple people during the summer months? Schedule juggling is crazy in the summer trying to work around everyone's vacation schedules.
- No longer having summers off!
What do you love/hate about summer?