Friday, February 15, 2008

My Funny Valentines

I'm not a demanding woman in regards to gifts. I don't need choclates, don't need a present or even flowers that I know will wilt away. I don't give cards and don't expect cards from Andrew. He's got it good, I would say.



For me, Valentine's is just another day (how appropriate that I am doing this a day late, right?) But it reminds me that I am blessed with two amazing loves that I spend my life with every day. And a love that has never left my heart though she is no longer with me. What more can I ask for?



To the man that I love more today than I did 12 1/2 years ago when I first said "I love you"--thank you for being my incredible, loving, caring, hilariously funny, kind husband. I can't believe we're going on nine years of marriage. When I see you, I still feel like the young 18 year old dressed up for prom looking at you with adoration and love. And when I see you with our daughter? You are more handsome, more sexy, more sweet than anything I could ask for. You make my life wonderful, and I'm so lucky that I get to call myself Mrs. Andrew Scott.



To my girl--my sweet little Maggie, you're the best Valentine present in the world. Oh how I love your smiles and hugs. I am so thankful that I get the honor and priviledge of being your mother and seeing you everyday. You light my life and you bring us so much joy.



To my angel--I miss you so badly. And you'll always be my Valentine. No matter what.

3 comments:

M.Yeager said...

Jenny that is so sweet! I have enjoyed reading your blog for almost 4 years now. Thank you for letting me share in your life! Happy Valentine's Day!

http://butterflyinthekudzu.wordpress.com/

Love Mommas said...

Jenny, that was simply beautiful--ok, wiping the tears away.

Thank you for always being you and sharing from your heart.

Elle said...

What a poetic valentine. I hope you guys enjoyed your day!