Last year, I answered a list of questions about 2007. I know it's a bit redundant, but I'm using the same questions for 2008. Happy New Year's everyone!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
You mean what did I do that I'm not sure I will ever do again? Hmmm...remember this night?
But seriously, my answer would have to be visiting Yellowstone. It was breathtaking!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year, I chose not to make any resolutions. So, I did pretty well!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Debbie had Beck and Ella, Megan had her little man a month later, and my sister-in-law Amie just added sweet Elliot to our lives in November.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None. All our travels were in the US. Wyoming for our big Jackson Hole family vacation in August, and we had quick trips like the lakehouse and Sea World.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Not that I lacked it because I wasn't sure I wanted it, but my big want for 2009 is a pregnancy.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 1st--Maggie's fun 3rd birthday party and our family/friend cookout after. So much fun!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Reaching the milestone in May that Heroes for Children had spent more than a million dollars on families with children battling cancer.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Missing out on time with my family.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone. Never thought I would want to have email on my phone and have a "crackberry" obsession. I found out how wrong I was. Having my email on my phone is such a time saver!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Going to keep my same answer from 2007 because, well, it's true again in 2008: My mom. She has been our saving grace in the last year with her love and her complete and utter adoration for the Munch.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one that I can think of.
14. Where did most of your money go?
We lump both of the surgeries in the same year, even though technically the first was in December. Biggest expense was definitely dropping $6,400 on my DOG in a 10 month period.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My 30th birthday dinner with the girls
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
?? I'm not good at remembering tunes.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
Woohoo---thinner!!!! Down 16.5 lbs as of this morning!
c) richer or poorer?
I wouldn't say richer by any means, but financially doing better.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More fun crafts with Maggie
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Same as last year--Christmas Eve at my mother in laws with the cousins and Christmas day at my mom's. It was a great Christmas!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
He's the easiest person to be in love with
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Again, I like my response from last year--While there are certainly people that make me nuts, I can't think of anyone I would use the word hate on.
24. What was the best book you read?
Twilight series. Love. Have a bit of a vampire crush
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A new gorgeous wedding ring for my ninth wedding anniversary.
27. What did you want and not get?
A trip to California for our 30th birthday that we had all planned. The dog's surgery affected that.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Is it bad that I honestly can't remember?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30--was spoiled by my loved ones
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Given that I gained and lost so much this year, my style was random. And in more than one size.
32. What kept you sane?
The ability to call Debbie whenever I need to talk, cry, or yell.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Edward Cullen. Not the actor who played him, but the fictional character.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, and the Republican running mate.
35. Who did you miss?
Allie as always.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Danielle who came to work at Heroes for Children.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Stuffing food down my face to avoid my grief doesn't make the grief go away. Just makes me fatter. So, when I don't turn to food, the grief is worse.