According to my stat counter, people are still coming to read. Sorry, dear readers, I've not forgotten you all. Just let myself slack on the blogging this month. So, what's going on with the Scotts? Let's see...
* Maggie is getting a little nicer to me. I'm not public enemy #1 quite as badly as I was three weeks ago. Of course, she still favors Daddy, but I've simply resigned myself to that is the way it is.
* Both family vacations for the year have been finalized. Sea World for a weekend with my mom (for a planning meeting for Camp Discovery, but it's a great reason to get the family to San Antonio!) and then Jackson Hole later in the summer with his side of the family for a week. We're so excited! Of course, I will also have my week gone for Camp Discovery as well.
* Heroes and Handbags is life at the HFC office. We have Houston Handbags this week and Dallas Handbags the next. Hoping for tremendous success!!
* Brandy is all healed from her leg. She still walks with a slight limp that we are told she will have for the rest of her life. She'll be seven in two weeks. I can't believe it!
* Maggie is obsessed with the twins, Baby Ella and Baby Beck. She talks about them constantly. Her teacher at school overheard her with a friend playing dolls, "Do you want to see Baby Beck and Baby Ella?" as she motioned to two baby dolls. She loves seeing them and is so gentle and sweet.
* Sure that makes me think about having another baby, especially when I see how sweet she is with the twins. No, it doesn't mean we're having another any time soon! In time, maybe. Now is not the right time for us though. However, I have been having a few more dreams about babies lately!
* I've lost 11 pounds! The Easter candy is kind of killing me right now, so I wasn't my best today. Make that 10 pounds maybe. I have a work out with my brother tomorrow at the gym. We're trying to do every Sunday. He's kicking a little booty on his weight loss--down close to 40 pounds!! I'm so proud of him.
* My dress for Houston Handbags finally fits comfortably and Deb and I shopped for a new dress for Dallas. Couldn't find a picture of it online, but I love it. A little Jackie O style. Black sheath dress, cream jacket with large buttons. I just need the big sunglasses.
* Speaking of sunglasses--Maggie likes to wear Andrew's sunglasses when she rides in his car. When she does, she laughs and says, "Hi, I COOL CLARKY!!" For those of you with Wiggle obsessed toddlers such as my little one, you will know that is a character of one of the pirates on the S.S. Feathersword. Maggie is totally into the Wiggles. We have three movies, two CDs, one t-shirt, and we watch at least an episode a day. It's bad when the parents compare which Wiggles song they had stuck in their head at the end of the day! We can't wait--the concert is Aug. 2nd here in Dallas. She will go crazy!! Tickets aren't on sale yet, but I check continuously for the date of the presale to make sure we get good seats.
* Andrew and I have been debating on whether or not the Munch can handle a movie in a theater yet. We both think she might like it, but neither of us are feeling quite that adventurous just yet.
* As always, Andrew is the rock in this household. He is the constant. He doesn't stress much, doesn't get flustered (easily making him the calmer parent), and doesn't seem bothered by the little things. He certainly doesn't "sweat the small stuff." Good thing he is married to me. Brings me a little balance. I'm the first to admit my tendency to be on the high strung side.
Well, I think that about sums it up for us right now. I'm off to bed!